Sunday, September 11, 2011

Last Weeks of Plated Desserts

I haven't updated my blog in so long! 

So it's going to be short and simple :) 

These are my products from my last few weeks of Plated Desserts class. 

Trio of Doghnuts
This doughnuts were a lot of fun to make. I chose to plate them family style so that I could vary a few flavors. On the left are plain doughnuts drizzled with Chocolate Sauce. In the middle are Doughnuts rolled in powdered sugar and almonds and laid on top of blueberry sauce. On the right are cinnamon sugar donuts drizzled with a flat icing. 

Chocolate Mousse Cup 
I love this dessert! I was a little weary with it because I am not a fan of tempering chocolate. I wanted to chose something that would be easy to do but could be played up with nice flavors. I used a silicone mold to mold the chocolate cup. The cup is filled with chocolate mousse, drizzled with Raspberry sauce and topped with candied hazelnuts. 

Chocolate Box

This is my chocolate box filled with Fleur De Sel Caramels, Espresso Truffles and Peanut Butter Cups. 

Coconut Cream Tapioca Pudding Cup with Mango Curd 

We had a day in class where we didn't have anything on the syllabus. Well, we got off track, I think, so Chef had us make either Tapioca Pudding or rice Pudding and plate them. Just for fun! The above photo is Coconut Cream Tapioca with a Mango Curd that my partner made and topped with toasted coconut. The photo below is Coconut Cream Tapioca with Passion Fruit Caramel, toasted Macadamia Nuts and the rim is Toasted Cocunut. This day was a lot of fun and I have always wanted to make tapioca pudding. 
Coconut Cream Tapioca Pudding with Passion Fruit Caramel Sauce
The following photos are my products from my final practical which I scored 100% on! Woo hoo!!!

Chocolate Box

Espresso Creme Brulee with Chocolate Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Sauce 

"Taron" with Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse

Lemon Bombe on Graham Cracker Crust served with Raspberry Sauce 

I had a really good time in Plated Desserts Class. I didn't think I was going to but I ended up really liking it. I was sad to see it go but I was also excited to start our Cakes Class! 

With Love, 
Adriana 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving us this useful information. I have come some advice to about cooking courses south penobscot ME for your success. Thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete