Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cake Class

Cake Class was a class that I had mixed feelings about. I was excited for the challenge yet nervous for the challenge at the same time. 

The class is definately a challenge for me. I am learning what I am good at and what I need improvement on. I have still remained that I am a very simplistic and clean cut "artist".

Here are the cakes that I have done so far! 

This is my Children's Birthday Cake. I don't really like my figurine. It was supposed to be Arielle from "The Little Mermaid". It was our first cake and I think I spent too much time on the figurine. I should have put more detail elsewhere on the cake. 

Children's Birthday Cake 

Marzipan Figurine 

Swags and Shell Border 

I am really proud of my Baby Shower cake. We were given a mock scenario that our couple did not want to know the sex of their baby and they wanted pastel colors. I feel like I incorporated their wishes pretty accurately. I am in love with my baby blocks on top. I took the time to make sure they came out clean looking and I am proud of the way they came out. 

Baby Shower Cake 

Our Sweet Sixteen Sheet Cake was a lot of fun and it went by really quick! We only had two days to complete it. We were given the them of "Glee" which is perfectly suiting for me. I had a lot of fun doing this with my partners Martina and Buck. Go team "No Names"!

Sweet Sixteen Sheet Cake 

The Cupcake Buffet in class was so fun! We had the required cupcake flavor that we had to make which was the Brown Spice with Praline Buttercream but we also had a creative flavor we got to do. I did Strawberry Cupcakes with Champagne frosting. It was delicious. I made gum paste strawberries to adorn the tops and sprinkled them with edible silver glitter. 

Brown Spice Cupcakes with Praline Buttercream 

Strawberry Cupcakes with Champagne Buttercream 

Will update next week after I finish my LAST week of school! It's been a long but quick journey! I'm so excited! Until then, working on a Pumpkin Cake and a Purse Cake. We finished our Wedding Cake in class today! Photos to come on the next bloggy blog!

With love,
Adriana 

1 comment:

  1. "GLEE" WE SHOULD MAKE A SMALL ROUND CAKE AND HAVE A GLEE MARATHON =) IM SO PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT .. I LOVE U GURL!! I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG AND OF COURSE ADMIRING AT YOUR CAKE DESIGN.. I CANT WAIT ...ONE DAY!! WE'RE GONNA RUN A SHOP TOGETHER.. I HOPE TO WIN THE LOTTERY SO WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN.. REMEMBER KEEP WORKING HARDER!!!

    ReplyDelete